Monday, February 9, 2009

Rava Laddoo


We all have a sweet tooth hence come sweets or chocolates its finished within seconds( hence I don't buy as there is no control over it). But when somebody gifts you with sweets both my hubby and daughter are thrilled and happy to recieve it. Last weekend a friend of mine 'A' had come over with her parents (parents are on visit) for dinner at our place. Her mother had made this laddoo and brought it for us. We ate it all enjoying it till the last bite. Somehow when I saw only 5 laddoos remaining I had to quickly click a shot to send this for the Event " Who's Gona Cook for me". I got the recipe from A's Mom the very next day as the event was meeting its deadline.



Ingredients:
semolina/rava - 1 cup
fresh/frozen grated coconut - ¾ cup
sugar - ¾ cup
ghee - 1 tbsp
water - for syrup ( slightly more than the sugar level)
spice powder- recipe follows
raisins - as per the number of laddoos

Spice Powder
Cinnamon - 2"
clove - 6
cardamom seeds - 2 tsp

Dry roast these spices and blend to a fine powder. This spice powder can be stored in an air tight container.

Method:
In a wide bowl take rava and grated coconut. Mix well and leave aside for an hour or so.
Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and fry rava-coconut mixture on a low flame till nice aroma infuses your kitchen.
Now in another pan take sugar and water. Get it to a boil and cook to one-thread consistency. This will take approximately 10 minutes or so. Put off the flame.
Add rava-coconut mixture and spice powder. Let aside to cool completely.
Roll out into laddoos piercing with one raisin per laddoo.

Note: If the sugar-rava-coconut mixture hardens sprinkle milk and roll out laddoos.

Rava Laddoo is on its way to the Event " Who's Gona Cook for me" hosted by PJ at Seduce your Tastebuds

17 comments:

FH said...

Hi Poonam, rava laddos are my fave even though I don't have sweet tooth. I do add less sugar and enjoy them. Laddoos here look wonderful, perfect shape! :))

Trupti said...

Hey Poonam, laddo looks very delicious one of my favorite

Check out MBP: Kids Menu & if possible do participate in it

Uj said...

Rava laddu looks yummy :D Perfect shape..

Ashwini said...

rava ladoo looks yummm. if my daughter sees this she will ask for one immedietely

Padmajha said...

Its my fave too Poonam!!Thanks for participating in the event...

Finla said...

I love rawa ladoo and this looks so delicious.

Anonymous said...

Hi Poonam
First time to ur blog ..U have mouthwatering recipes ..Rava ladoo looks very delicious ..Keep up the good work..
love
veena

Anonymous said...

ladoo looks deleciouss

Paru ... said...

Those laddoos look delicious. I luv Rava Laddoos..

Lakshmi said...

perfect shape and delicious looking laddoos. I loved them Ponam

Vijitha said...

Laddoo looks so lovely Poonam.

Suparna said...

Poonam rave unde chand dista :) The spice part in the recipe is new to me. Amma used to add elaichi,clove.
your recipe has an interesing addition to enhance the taste :)

Thanks for your visits and views in my blog posts :)

Srikitchen said...

wow! it looks too good but i prepare it in a little different way!

Poonam said...

all credits to A's mother...without which this recipe wouldn't have been here.. And thanks ladies for the lovely comments!!

Deepthi Shankar said...

I love rava Laddoo .. looks delicious ..

Usha said...

Rava laddoos are my favorite in laddoos and this one looks perfect, moist and delicious...Bookmarked, will definitely try this :-)

Preety said...

these are one of my all time fav ladoos..they looks awesome